Yes - The Yes Album CD (album) cover

THE YES ALBUM

4.29 | 1978 ratings

The Crow
3 stars This is the first Yes's album that is really good in my humble opinion, very much better that the two previous LP's. And the most important fact that made this improvement possible was the Steve Howe's imcorporation, who is one of the best progressive guitarist of the 70's, along with Steve Hackett and Robert Fripp in my opinion.

Here we can find songs in the purest Yes's style, like Yours Is No Disgrace and the classic Starship Trooper. Another songs like I've Seen All Good People and Perpetual Change showed a transition between the old poppy tracks and the future symphonic compositions.

But there are two songs that I don't like from this record: The Clap, strange theme where Steve Howe plays in a very american style; and A Venture, a little boring and weak effort in my opinion. For that (along with the fact that this was a transition album...) I think that this album deserves only 3 stars.

The Crow | 3/5 |