Triumvirat - Illusions On A Double Dimple CD (album) cover

erik neuteboom
3 stars If you listen to this band, only one comparison can be made and that's ELP because almost every inch of this keyboard-driven band is inspired by the legendary symphonic dinosaur! I enjoyed the pleasant and melodic sound, featuring lots of fine work on the Hammond organ, Moog synthesizer and Grand piano. Triumvirat also delivers lots of flowing shifting moods with warm vocals, fine acoustic guitar and even some saxophone. I can understand that progheads udge that this is an ordinary ELP-clone but I simply love their lush symphonic keyboard-sound on their first four studio-albums, no more or less.
erik neuteboom | 3/5 |