Mike Rutherford - Acting Very Strange CD (album) cover

ACTING VERY STRANGE

Mike Rutherford

Intairnet
3 stars "After recording 'Acting Very Strange' I realised my voice was crap" Mike once said about this LP. It certainly isn't a masterpiece in singing, but this still doesn't mean an album isn't worth listening to.

Although the other critics here are rather disappointed, I have got to express my sympathy for "Acting Very Strange". Songs such as "Maxine" or "Hideaway" really prove Mike's abilities at songwriting. The shortcoming is: The few good songs get dragged down by the not-so-good-ones. As already mentioned, "Hideaway" is a song which can absolutely compete with early eighties Genesis-stuff.

Anyway, this LP is NOT 1 Star.

Have a good one...Nick