Novalis - Sterntaucher CD (album) cover

STERNTAUCHER

Novalis

Progbear
2 stars The band sounded tired by this point. They made a couple of half-assed attempts at epics ("Grenzen", the rather lugubrious "Keiner kann gewinnen"), but for the most part their energy seemed spent. The closing instrumental, "Sinus", is rather nice, though it struck me as a poor-man's "Blauer Morgen" more than anything else.

Thin keyboard tones make matters worse. I'd swear that Lutz Rahn's main axe at the time was a Polymoog. Just compare the screechy synth tones on "Kleinwenig mehr" with Rick Wakeman's Polymoog parts on Yes' TORMATO album if you don't believe me.

Progbear | 2/5 |