Agalloch - Tomorrow Will Never Come  CD (album) cover

TOMORROW WILL NEVER COME

Agalloch

Experimental/Post Metal

JJLehto
2 stars Probably an EP only for the collectors and die hard fans.

Of course, I am both of those!

The Death of Man(Version III) is the intro song from The Mantle "A Celebration for the Death of Man..." but with some slight synth additions. I do mean slight. I suppose it adds a subtle new touch to an already good song but not much here.

However, the title track is really an intriguing piece. A folky into that dives into another folk riff, but with samples taken from a movie Don Anderson saw about the mentally ill. The major part of it, a man talking to his father, rambles on progressively into fear and anger. Keep in mind this is not done by the band or some sample from a script. This was actually spoken by a real life person, which really adds to the impact when you realize this. My heart strings were pulled almost out of my body!

This is over the fairly nice sounding folk riff, and intriguing contrast. Add in an ominous noise that flutters throughout and some accordion and you have one very powerful track.

A good EP with one of the more interesting songs by the band, but also an unoriginal one that barely has some sprinkling on it. While not bad at all,(and it's not) certainly nothing very original. Probably best left for the die hards and collectors.

Two Stars