Uz Jsme Doma - Jeskyne (Caves) CD (album) cover

JESKYNE (CAVES)

Uz Jsme Doma

RIO/Avant-Prog

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars I cannot help notice a trend in the Scandinavian countries towards punk'ing up folk music and releasing album with this blend. This is not a blend I am fond of. The proper word is "disdain", really.

Unfortunate, this trend has spread to the mainland Europe too.

To my dismay, this album starts with a punk rock song with folk music creeping into the mix too. The vocals (including the football stadium choirs) are typical punk, backed up by some woodwinds and other instruments who plays folk music and folk rock. I gather the band has done some RIO albums before, because Jeskyne does not comes across as a typical RIO/ Avant-Garde album in my books. Not by a country mile. OK, there are some hints of RIO, but that's all.

The music is good throughout. Navij?k is by far the best song here where the punk has taken a bit of a backseat. The rest of the album is OK and at times enjoyable. But I have my strong objections and awards it a weak feeble three stars. Sorry !

3 stars (barely)