Alogia - Secret Spheres Of Art CD (album) cover

SECRET SPHERES OF ART

Alogia

progrules
3 stars I just recently bought this third release by Alogia, presented as a promo. If I understand well it makes no different with the official release, at least not where the line-up of songs is concerned. I don't intend to make this a long review since it immediately becomes obvious that we're hardly dealing with progressive metal here. Just a touch of it I would say but no more. This band plays more a sort of power metal with slight progressive leanings. The execution and production are both ok and there isn't much wrong with the vocals either.

It's also proven by the length of most songs: just one above 5 minutes and the rest is a bunch of uncomplicated metal with an average of about 4 minutes completed with a couple of short interlude-like tracks. So nothing to get really excited about if you are looking for true prog metal. And because of this I will keep my rating limited this time. Not because it's a weak album (on a metal site I would rate this 3,5 or 4 stars probably) but because this is Prog Archives. So just three.

progrules | 3/5 |