Gong - Downwind CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

Joćo Paulo
4 stars A very beautiful album of Pierre's Moerlern's gong. At the first hearing we seem to hear a comercial music but listening more carefully, it is a very well played album. Since excellent guitar parts, even a xylophone that gives to this album a unique atmosphere, we must consider that we have an excellent work of this band. Some heavy parts, a version of Carlos Santana music and other contexts, made a mix well done. Lyrics in english is nothing special, but the music played is of high quality. The xylophone gives a magic touch and a little used instrument in progressive rock, but with amazing reslut. A very good album and surprisingly, far from the psychedelic passages of early Gong. I give 4 stars because the the first 3 tracks could have the same characteristics of the last that are beautiful.
Joćo Paulo | 4/5 |