A Triggering Myth - Forgiving Eden CD (album) cover

A Triggering Myth

4 stars Wow !!!

This album really hit me like a heatwave during a winter day. I have never heard about this band before I by chance picked up this album, quickly forgot about it and then played it (it was labelled as A... and hence first in my alphabetical list of albums).

This is the fifth or so album from this Canadian band. They are listed as a fusion band and that's their basis. But on this album, and in general according to our biography, they also venture into symphonic prog and Canterbury prog. In other words; they pulls a lot of my heart strings.

The music is various kinds of tangents based with solid support of guitars too. This in addition to bass and drums. This album is an instrumental album so no vocals.

Good references are fusion in general, Gentle Giant, Gilgamesh, Hatfield & The North and ELP. The music is not overly technical, but technical enough to display a lot of small interesting details. The melodies are a lot based on moods and emotions with some breath taking breaks scattered around the album.

The quality are very good from the start to the end on this one song/track album. That's why the listeners are forced to stop in their tracks and just listen. Don't drive and listen to this album, please.

In short, this is a great album which should appeal to all symph, Canterbury and fusion fans.

4 stars