Yes - Tormato CD (album) cover

1 stars Tormato is where Yes fans consider the band's material to start heading downhill. I can't disagree. I find the music here very uninspired and bland for Yes.

"Future Times/ Rejoice" is good enough a song, and follows a nice near-marching beat. It definitely sounds like Yes, but lacks any fantastic structure. The track is good while listening to it, but it doesn't stick in mind at all.

"On the Silent Wings of Freedom" is the last track on the album and sounds like it could've been on Relayer. It features the same style guitar playing as that album, but also features some random noises that serve no purpose. This is the most progressive track on the album, and I consider it to be the best of the album as well despite it's flaws.

Besides the first and last tracks on this album, all the other tracks only seem like above-par pop rock songs. I honestly can't say I'd suggest this to anyone for any reason besides the last track which is decent at best.

colorofmoney91 | 1/5 |