King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black CD (album) cover

King Crimson

2 stars Starless and Bible Black is one of the early King Crimson releases that I really don't care for. The sound here is really messy avant-garde and jazz influenced hard rock, mostly with emphasis on the avant-garde and rock. There also is a prominent funk influence, but it doesn't really work too well in my opinion. Everything on this album has always seemed incredibly messy and forced without lacking any clear direction. The musicianship is undeniably incredible, but any one element does stand out at all through the barrage of noise. I can't honestly say that I recommend this album, but some people tend to enjoy it. I don't particularly care for it, but perhaps you will.
colorofmoney91 | 2/5 |