King Crimson - Space Groove (ProjeKct Two) CD (album) cover

King Crimson

4 stars Space Groove isn't completely considered as a King Crimson album by most, but think it definitely is. It features the three most important members of the band jamming on funky jazz-fusion inspired grooves that occasionally show some signs of psychedelic influence. I'm usually a fan of anything jazz-fusion or funk related, and this is no exception. I personally think these improvisation jams are incredible and display impeccable musicianship. This album works well as intelligent music to focus on solely, but also works well for background music, which is just fine. This is a definite oddity in the King Crimson discography, and I have to say that I recommend it to anyone who happens to be a fan of instrumental jams of the intelligent and slightly experimental sort.
colorofmoney91 | 4/5 |