Gentle Giant - Interview CD (album) cover

Gentle Giant

5 stars People generally don't enjoy Interview as much as I do, which I don't quite understand. This was my first Gentle Giant album, and I think it serves as a perfect introduction to the band. This album contains everything that has made Gentle Giant stand out in the past; complex arrangements (maybe less so), medieval inspirations, super tight musicianship, unique vocals, etc. The concept here is a bit odd, which is supposed to be some kind of musical interview. I never pay attention to the concept, really. One thing that is very interesting about this album is the second track, "Give it Back", which sounds like some kind of quirky reggae-funk song. As with other Gentle Giant releases, this album is super eclectic with tons of influences rushing through the mix.

Highly recommended and masterly crafted eclectic progressive rock.

colorofmoney91 | 5/5 |