Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Essential Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

4 stars This compilation is where I started with ELP, progressive rock's ultimate supergroup. The two discs on this album are basically more or less of what you'd expect from an "essentials" compilation: it spans the bands entire career and compiles the band's best material. It does that well, in my opinion. After hearing all the music on this album, I decided to try a few of their full albums. I'm not really much of ELP fan after all, but this is a great introduction to the band and I think everything that is essential from this band is definitely present within these two discs, except Picture At an Exhibition.

Great for introductory purposes.

colorofmoney91 | 4/5 |