The Flower Kings - Space Revolver CD (album) cover

SPACE REVOLVER

The Flower Kings

colorofmoney91
3 stars Out of all of the Flower Kings albums that I've managed myself to be let down by, this is the best one. Actually, I rather enjoy this album quite a bit compared to their other albums.

The songwriting on this album is less noisy and much more musical and coherant, and by far their least cheesy album. One thing that is easily apparent is that the strong retro-symphonic synths take a huge break here, making way for a gloomier and overall more organic atmosphere. The music here is sometimes reminiscent of the more new-age influenced progressive electronic music, but with strong jazz overtones that really take the front. I've always like "I Am The Sun, pt 1" because it is actually interesting and fun to listen to, and again, it isn't cheesy at all. The music travels at a medium to medium fast tempo, which I feel really suits this band's style.

Of the Flower King's discography, this is the album that I would suggest anyone start with. It isn't unbearably long or cheesy, and is actually quite enjoyable if not slightly retro.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |