The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve CD (album) cover

ADAM & EVE

The Flower Kings

colorofmoney91
1 stars When The Flower Kings were suggested to me a few years ago, I wasn't expecting such a cheesy sounding band. Roine Stolt is definitely a respectable musician with lots of integrity regarding the progressive rock genre and I always try to follow what he does if not only for the sake of knowing what such a great guitarist has in the projects.

However, this album is just boring and random. There are a few nice melodies here and there, but most of the music just sounds uninspired, which is quite a pity for a story line as ambitious as this (apparently based on the tale of Adam & Eve with a few experimental touches, like... vampires). I guess I just don't get it, and I've over the years decided that symphonic prog isn't really my jam. However, my guitar instructor who adores vintage symphonic prog absolutely adores this album and band, so I'm sure many other people would too.

This all seems like vintage symphonic progressive rock with a few modern touches. If that is you're "thing", then you might as well check this album out.

colorofmoney91 | 1/5 |