The Flower Kings - Scanning The Greenhouse CD (album) cover

The Flower Kings

1 stars This is a compilation that was released after the first few Flower Kings albums, and consists entirely of cheesy symphonic progressive rock that the band is known for. This was given to me by my guitar instructor who suggested that I would enjoy this since I am a fan of Yes and sometimes Genesis. Unfortunately, I was let down. This is updated modern progressive rock of the same vein of the aforementioned bands with random studio effects and terrible vocals to boot. If you're looking for a good introduction to what the Flower Kings generally sound like, this is probably a good choice for that purpose. I personally prefer the material that they would write on Space Revolver, which features more of a jazz-fusion jam base. The musicianship on these tracks is undeniably great, but the songs just don't gel of flow very well, but still, this is a decent introduction.
colorofmoney91 | 1/5 |