Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE

Steve Hackett

colorofmoney91
3 stars I'm a huge admirer of Steve Hackett's guitar playing, both solo and within the context of Genesis. I'm not really a huge fan of Genesis as a whole, though, or symphonic progressive rock in general, but Hackett is always a worthy listen.

The music here is very, very above par symphonic progressive rock based around the guitar. Besides early Yes, this is the best symphonic progressive rock album I've ever listened to. The variation here is terrific, and ranges extremely. It's all beautiful, powerful, and well written and strongly accentuated by the synthesized symphonic sounds. I'm confident that any fans of symphonic prog would find this interesting as well as any guitar aficionados.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |