Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced CD (album) cover

ARE YOU EXPERIENCED

Jimi Hendrix

Proto-Prog

colorofmoney91
2 stars Jimi Hendrix is obviously a very highly regarded guitarist - this should be very apparent by now, 2011. I agree that his playing was very individualistic, but I've always found it to be very annoying, not to mention that I've never been a fan of the blues. "Are You Experienced?" is a Jimi Hendrix album like any other, which means lots of his annoying bluesy guitar playing.

This album has always felt very one-trick-pony to me. Though very influential to many, it wasn't for me. I'd agree that I'm biased because of my long distaste for most things blues, but I've tried viewing this album objectively and it still doesn't do much for me. Though, if you really like electric blues or wildly obnoxious guitar playing then I would suggest this album. I agree that Jimi Hendrix was very influential in the world of electrified music, so much to even influence Miles Davis (who I really, really love), it just isn't enough for me to give this album more than two stars.

colorofmoney91 | 2/5 |