Rick Wakeman - G'olé O.S.T. CD (album) cover

G'OLÉ O.S.T.

Rick Wakeman

Zitro
1 stars Rick Wakeman, A legendary brilliant and vituosic keyboard player and songwriter. Composer of classic works such as 'Gone But Not Forgotten', "Merlin', 'Judas', and 'Catherine of Aragon'. He is rivaled only by Keith Emerson in skills. He also is a vital member of Yes who helped make the band symphonic with classical keyboard orchestrations.

So, what gift of genius does he present us? An extremely lifeless and bland instrumental soundtrack with some of the worst synths I have ever heard. The songs are extremely simple and straight-forward which can be very boring to listen to more than once. They are either mellow sleep-inducers with no hints of good melodies, or happy bouncy terrible tunes.

Avoid this album!! It is the soundtrack of the world cup in which my country emerged champions, yet I still pass a horrible time when I spin this disc.

Wakeman failed to make the goal ...

Zitro | 1/5 |