Animals As Leaders - Animals As Leaders CD (album) cover

ANIMALS AS LEADERS

Animals As Leaders

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

DisgruntledPorcupine
3 stars I was quite excited to receive this album. I had heard enormous amounts of praise for it and was told I'd like it for sure, since I'm a fan of great guitar playing, being a guitarist myself. The first track, "Tempting Time", floored me. This man, Tosin, sure knows his way around a guitar.

Unfortunately, the rest of the album wasn't the same for me. It got old really fast and the songs just seemed devoid of emotion and they didn't seem like much real care was put into them. Wasn't an easy album to make it through for me.

But whenever I listen to this album in parts, I love it. It's just as a whole this album fails to give me any enjoyment. Either way, I gotta say Tosin is one of the most talented guitarists I've heard in my life. Some may think he's a little too show-offy, but it doesn't bother me. It adds to the music I find. The riffs aren't half-bad either, but what have we come to expect from the djent genre?

All and all, it's worth a listen. But for a full all-in-one listen it really doesn't have much to offer. If you wanna check it out in pieces though, it's highly recommended.

DisgruntledPorcupine | 3/5 |