Rush - Hemispheres CD (album) cover

4 stars This sixth studio album of Canadian RUSH is an excellent album that any prog rock fan should not miss. Musically, this album is a bit under the quality of previous album but I still consider that this is an excellent album. It starts off with an epic which represents part 2 - as a continuation of previous album "A Farewell To Kings". The key track of this album is, I would say, "La Villa Strangiato". This instrumental piece is a true masterpiece as it starts with a sort of calssical acoustic guitar outfit by Alex Lifeson. The music flows wonderfully into crescendo through gradually increase drum work and bass lines. It moves completely into a rocking style with medium-fast tempo music. The song combines a balanced high and low points in energetic way with great (and soft) drum work during quiet passages augmented with stunning guitar solo by Lifeson. WOW! Whenever I spin this CD I always repeat this track minimum three times to really satisfy my needs. It's so uplifting! Highly Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW