Yes - Fragile CD (album) cover

5 stars Ah, Fragile. This was my very first Yes album, and it is still my favorite Yes album. In my opinion, better than Close to the Edge.

Roundabout (10/10): Roundabout has every making of a Yes masterpiece song; great guitar, epic keyboards, and strong bass.

Cans and Brahms (8.5/10): Nice short classical piece, but not my favorite from the album.

We Have Heaven (9/10): One of the better solo pieces, Jon Anderson's vocal overdubs make this a nice little ditty.

South Side of the Sky (10+/10): Second best long piece on the album. Excellent middle section with classical piano. Excellent guitar playing.

Five Per Cent For Nothing (6/10): My least favorite track on the album. Maybe because it is only 30 seconds long.

Long Distance Runaround (9.5/10): My favorite of the shorter tracks. Excellent keyboard/guitar interplay, nice vocals.

The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) (9/10): A great bass solo by Chris Squire. My second favorite solo piece on the album.

Mood for a Day (10+/10): Without a doubt, the best solo on the album. Steve Howe plays that acoustic guitar like nobody's business.

Heart of the Sunrise (10++/10): My favorite track on the album. Heavy mellotron, strong guitar, and maybe Jon Anderson's strongest vocal performance.

This is the essential Yes album. If you don't have it, buy it!

FloydsaysYes1497 | 5/5 |