Bacamarte - Depois Do Fim CD (album) cover

DEPOIS DO FIM

Bacamarte

HarryTon
2 stars There is not a long time since I started listening symphonic prog; it is not properly my preferred genre in progressive music. But this unknown band called my attention because it is so well placed in PA top 100 albums. So I gave it a lot of attention, and unfortunately results were not as good as I expected; maybe because I expected too much on it.

Although waiting a masterpiece, I was a bit disappointed with what I found here. Music is really very good, but vocals and productions are not in the same level as the compositions. It brings a kind of unbalance to the album; and I started to consider it is a three solid stars album.

So I gave a little bit more attention to it. I read reviews, and more and more the good things related in good reviews became weaker; and flaws related in average reviews became stronger. And when finally I compared it to those great masters of symphonic prog and Italian prog, I saw that Depois do Fim is not in the same level and is not a match for them.

Maybe I am too tough, but it is two and a half stars, rounded to two. You´ d better hear Premiata Forneria Marconi, all good things said about this album will be for sure found there.

HarryTon | 2/5 |