65DaysOfStatic - Heavy Sky EP CD (album) cover

HEAVY SKY EP

65DaysOfStatic

Post Rock/Math rock

colorofmoney91
3 stars Prior to listening to this EP, "Heavy Sky", I always found 65daysofstatic's music to be very boring and bland. It's most likely just because I'm a big fan of the progressive electronic genre and electronic music in general, but I thoroughly enjoy this EP.

"Heavy Sky" sounds like party, which is fine. I'm not really the party kind of guy, but I exercise frequently and need need something upbeat to listen to, and this fits the bill while also being at least mildly progressive. The music on this EP is heavily electronic, leaving almost no discernible playing of traditional rock instruments, which I feel is a sound that this band should definitely explore in the future. All of this EP wouldn't sound out of place at a night club, but some oddly placed beats and interesting developments within the music keep me from calling this run of the mill techno.

Very accessible by today's standards, definitely, though not a masterpiece and not 100% fitting as progressive rock but more as more progressive sounding modern electronic dance music.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |