Lands End - Natural Selection CD (album) cover

Lands End

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars This is the fourth album by Lands End and the first I have heard. It's a shame I haven't heard them before because this is really good.

They are playing mellow progressive music as good as it can get. Slowly progressing but constantly changing. If you want some comparison, you can mention Pink Floyd and Yes with a little bit of Marillion in it. They've got beautiful guitar solos, a good vocalist, mellotron and a skilled keyboard player.

The album is 74 minutes and contains 6 tracks, and 4 of them are passing 10 minutes, the title track being 30 minutes. When you get away with song lengths like this it's great! I love it! My favourite tracks is the title track "Natural Selection", a progressive masterpiece, and "From The Ruins Of A Fallen Empire".

This is definitely worth checking out if you like the aforementioned groups, and particularly Pink Floyd.

Greger | 4/5 |