Jung People - Galápagos EP CD (album) cover

GALÁPAGOS EP

Jung People

Post Rock/Math rock

colorofmoney91
3 stars I normally don't like any music of the post-rock sort and usually distance myself from the genre, but a free EP is always worth the time for listening.

This turned out to be pretty good! This mostly is post-rock with a more aggressive feel. The quick and steady beat of the first track was nice for a change, which is something that I've noticed usually absent in post-rock (usually opting for slow drudgy beats), and the second track features some interesting guitar lines among some uniquely distorted guitars that remind me of Pelican, but with more effects. The title track features more of the swift percussion that was present in the first track, and it's still refreshing. Some fun and melodic guitar work soon takes over that makes me think more of math rock than post rock, which is something that I prefer strongly.

Overall, for post-rock, this is much more aggressive and definitely more interesting. I didn't expect much, but I'm definitely glad I took the time to check out this promising band. It's a free EP, so give it a listen and you might like what you hear.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |