Rush - Test For Echo CD (album) cover

TEST FOR ECHO

Rush

Antonio Giacomin
2 stars After the release of Counterparts, expectations about a new album grew a lot. But what else further disappointment can be said about Test For Echo ?

This album appears to me like Roll The Bones, with mainstream of musical approach that is not easy to identify. The problem here is that there are no real good songs to make any difference and call our musical attention. Like in Presto, a lack of composition first line quality appears here.

But at least there is some material that frees it from being a total miss. Time and Motion is a strong song, the highest point here. The opener is not a solid opener, but has its value as well as Driven has. The last song that calls positively attention here is the instrumental Limbo, almost matching the same level of Leave That Thing Alone from previous album, for instance. Now, if we move to other tracks, I really find no real good comments about them, they just put down album´s overall quality.

I may be too tough on it, but we always expect more from Rush, and so this is Test For Echo, two and a half stars. Two good songs makes it a few better than Presto, but even so I round it for two stars.

Antonio Giacomin | 2/5 |