Masterplan - Masterplan CD (album) cover

MASTERPLAN

Masterplan

riversdancing
2 stars Masterplan has managed to slip trough the stricktly guarded borders of ProgArchives (whilst other much more progressive bands haven't), but what you can hear on this album is German-type speed/power metal a la Helloween with minor progressive elements. If you like bands such as Symphony X or Angra, then you might interested in this one. The only reason I bought this album is my uncurable Jorn-mania. Considered as the most promising hard-rock voice for ages with perfect Dio/Coverdale vocal cords, I simply couldn't resist. Leaving Ark was a regrettable event, but touring was nearly impossible with the Norwegian prog/metal band, so Jorn has joined this German metal 'supergroup' to ensure his career.

To rate this one is a diffcult task, considering the rating system and the meaning of stars it deserves only 1.5 stars. If someone is a fan of German heavy metal, then it's around 4 stars. And for those who loves any album released with Jorn's magnificent powerful and melodic voice and wants to collect them, then buy it without a doubt, but in this case I suggest to start with Ark or the second Jorn soloalbum "Worldchanger" instead of this. To sum up, I give it 2 stars, but on MetalArchives it would be 3.5 stars.

Highlights: Crystal Night, Soulburn, Bleeding Eyes, When Love Comes Close