Queen - News Of The World CD (album) cover

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Queen

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars Yes, this is a sub-par 70's Queen album but still much better than what they will release in the 80's. How could we avoid the WWRY/Champions duo, as it was all over the airwaves and have filled all the stadiums around the world. Clearly , Queen was not about to lose its ability to make obvious shoo-in #1 hit singles.

But behind that shooting star , is a fairly poor album (by Queen standard of course ) , with plenty of fillers (although those fillers would be highlights in many band's best albums) , and rather shoddy sound. It is also a harder rocking album somehow taking youy back to Queen II or SHA but without reaching the waist level of those two albums. Get Down , Make Love was yet another blatant call to young males and is probably my fave on this album , as I did just that without them having to tewll it to me twice.

Start with another album , Opera , II , debut or Jazz. This is for confirmed fans!!

Sean Trane | 3/5 |