Steely Dan - The Royal Scam CD (album) cover

Steely Dan

4 stars A very good album from Walter Becker, Donald Fagan and the rest of the gang in 1976.. This is not perfect but at least it is not as bland as KATY LIED, or COUNTDOWN. I almost lost my faith in Steely Dan after Katy Lied but this album and the next one. Good songs: "Kid Charlamaine", "Don't Take me Alive", "Haitain Divorce", and "The Loyal Scam" are especially fine. Bad songs: "The Fez". This just plain gets on my nerves! Along with AJA and their first album, this is one of their finest works. And, of course, fine musicianship, as always. Not perfect, as I said, but close enough to get a 4 star review from me. ****
mohaveman | 4/5 |