Expo 70 - Sonic Messenger CD (album) cover

Expo 70

Progressive Electronic

3 stars Expo 70 makes experimental progressive electronic music of the drone and ambient variety, coated in a fair amount of krautrock fuzz, and Sonic Messenger stays true to that schema. This albums is very, very slow, moving at nearly glacial speeds. From the album cover, you'd probably expect this album to be very spacey, but it actually isn't so much. It's more organic and psychedelic than experimental and spacey, and actually gets pretty boring. Whenever I listen to this album, I get a big stoner rock vibe (it gets fairly sludgy and heavy). I'm not really a fan of psychedelic stoner rock, and I especially don't like it if it is slow and boring. But, I can see how fans of both psychedelic stoner rock and some krautrock would find this album to be enjoyable.

I want to like this album, because I like both krautrock and progressive electronic, but this album is so long and boring. I feel like I could only seriously recommend this album to krautrock fans with an extreme amount of patience.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |