Uriah Heep - Into The Wild CD (album) cover

Uriah Heep

3 stars First a conceptual thing:

Is this really heavy prog?

Is nowadays UH doing prog rock?

I really do not think so.

Can we compare U Heep music with the heavy prog rock of Rush, Porcupine Tree or Anekdoten(for example) .Completely different music.

Maybe classic Uriah Heep was heavy prog...but today's UH is heavy rock prog related.

Songs are more in the line of Deep Purple, classic Iron Maiden or classic Journey and Foreigner maybe(to name some bands).

Songs are not bad at all ,but they are easy listening heavy rock prog (prog related sometimes)

Good music to listen to when drinking a beer or whiskey in a pub.First 2 songs i think will reach Billboard Top 10.Very good hits for rock music.

Uriah Heep is a very solid band ,with consolidated musicians...but for me that I like more heavy prog bands as the named before ...I don't think this album will remain in my mind or heart.

3 stars(rating for heavy prog)

robbob | 3/5 |