The Flower Kings - Back In The World Of Adventures CD (album) cover

BACK IN THE WORLD OF ADVENTURES

The Flower Kings

voliveira
4 stars THE FLOWER KINGS: LOVE IT OR HATE IT

This is one of the most respected progressive rock bands nowadays, but here on the site their albums never surpassing the score of 4.0. "Back in the world of adventures, " his debut album (or not?), is that most approaching that mark (3.97 at the moment).

It is easy to see why.Unlike his successors, no fillers here, but every song has something to offer us (except "The Wonder Wheel" and "Temple of Snakes"). The sound is clearly retro-prog, to listen to him because this album you are immediately transported to the 70 (or tell me you did not find the sound of bands like Yes, Genesis or King Crimson here?). Roine Stolt is a musical genius and highly prolific, but other members also shine.

Although I have a special appreciation for music, for me the best is "Big Puzzle", the epic final.This was the first song of The Flower Kings I heard (here on the site) and has always been one of my favorite band. Others who deserve special mention are "World of Adventures, " "Atomic Prince / Kaleidoscope" (which features a gorgeous guitar solo in the vein of Steve Hackett and Steve Howe), "Theme for a Hero"and "My Cosmic Lover. "

4,5 stars.If you want to know the modern progressive scene, this is a great way to begin.Highly recommended.

voliveira | 4/5 |