Lustmord - Other Dub CD (album) cover

OTHER DUB

Lustmord

Progressive Electronic

colorofmoney91
3 stars [OTHER DUB] is pretty much what I expected it to be. It's a long dub remix of the album [OTHER], with additional guitar added by Adam Jones of Tool. To be honest, this album is kind of boring. It's atmospheric, but not in the traditional Lustmord way - this sounds like the album Satan smokes to with his buddies. [OTHER DUB] consists of 3 parts of the same tracks, and each part could very well be the same part, because there is no distinguishing them. All of the tracks have a steady, bassy, dub pulse backed by a simple snare beat and Lustmord's weird atmospheric experimentation noises. I'm not really sure what Adam Jones' point was on this album. He plays guitar for a total of maybe 1 minute, and he only plays 1 chord.

I'm not saying I don't like this album, but it just isn't really powerful Lustmord work; probably why it isn't a whole album. I suppose this album would be good music to test out some newly installed woofers in a car or something, but other than that, this music is just background noise for a gloomy sewer in Jamaica. If gloomy ambient dub sounds good, pick this album up.

colorofmoney91 | 3/5 |