Barclay James  Harvest - Ring Of Changes CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

2 stars By the time this album was released, prog music was in despair where all music around the globe was dominated by punk and new waves. I rarely heard any music released during this time was having 'riff' in the music that reminds me to the glory days of rock music in the seventies. It was a very bad period for prog until Marillion released its debut album 'Script for a Jester''s Tear'. This album by Barclay James Harvest did not attract me at all as the music was just straight forward pop with a bit of rock style. Unfortunately there is nothing like stunning guitar solo that I can enjoy from this album. It does not necessarily mean that the music is bad... It's just not in my taste at all. But I think most people who enjoy pop music can enjoy this album quite well. But I am afraid that it has any good track that is memorable - as every single song is just straight flat and nothing that hooks me. You'd better get Alan Parson's Project than this album, really.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW