Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

Andrea Cortese
5 stars This music is what dreams are made of!!! The gentle and almost timid touch of Oldfield on his acoustic and electric guitars reconcile my soul after a "hard-working-day"! The most significant parts on this OPERA are: part 1, that splendid and quasi-Collodian fluted part (Collodi is the Pinocchio's author-note that the 19th century's book is as far as possible from the Disney cartoon version. For that reason I recommend it!);

part 2, that marvellous bagpipes part after the 7th min: superb!

Ok, for you is one of the first example of world music: I don't know if it is, for me it is "ONLY" a MASTERPIECE!!

Note: I've had the same feeling of E. Neuteboom: Mike looks like Jesus Christ!

Andrea Cortese | 5/5 |