Farzad Golpayegani - Three CD (album) cover

Farzad Golpayegani

2 stars The third offering from Farzad Golpayegani does not bring much more to the table than the two previous two offerings brought us. Three compositions this time. The middle composition is a medley of guitar riffs from a lot of metal bands. That even includes Slayer.

Farzad Golpayegani is a guitar hero. No more and no less. His albums is demonstrating his prowess as a guitarist. He mixes his guitars with some folk music stuff from Iran. That is a good mix and Farzad Golpayegani proves on the first half of the opening track 14 that he has a good grasp of the art of composing melodies too. But the guitar soon takes over and we soon get this metal medley which in my view is both tacky and cheesy. It is a fun medley though, but you have to ask what the purpose of this medley is. The final track 47 also demonstrates some good compositional qualities.

My main problem is that this is a guitar hero album and I am not a guitar hero fan. My advice to Farzad Golpayegani would be to form a band or to join a band instead of following this one dimentional guitar hero route. This is not an album or even a genre for me, I am afraid.

2.25 stars