Touchstone - Wintercoast CD (album) cover

WINTERCOAST

Touchstone

BobVanguard
5 stars This album won the top honor in my best albums that I discovered last year.

Touchstone's music is an awesome juxtaposition of symphonic progressive melodies and soundscapes featuring the angelic, sweet vocals of Kim Seviour with the aggression of guitars and drums that edge toward metal and the masculine vocals of keyboardist and composer Rob Cottingham. This creates a musical journey with twists and turns ? sweet melodies followed by heavy rocking, all in the same song.

What a fantastic album, for fans of Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation, but also for those who love Genesis, Yes, and Spock's Beard.

I am very glad to have discovered Touchstone, and Wintercoast is one of the best albums in my music collection. Download the title track ("Wintercoast"), "Zinomorph," and "Joker in the Pack."

BobVanguard | 5/5 |