En Plein Air - En Plein Air CD (album) cover

EN PLEIN AIR

En Plein Air

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
4 stars Gentle, delicate, flowing, soothing and beautiful. All words I would use to describe this album, an insanely amazing full-length debut from this Italian band.

What the listener gets with this album is a wonderfully layered post-rock texture that would appeal to any fan of that particular subgenre and many others as well. The Sigur Ros-like music mixed with the more pop influenced overtones create a very sensible atmosphere that anyone can appreciate. This plus flecks (subtle but still there) of Rock Progressivo Italiano really give this album a flavor of it's own which in itself attracts my attention.

A effort worthy of praise and many soothing listenings, keep on post-rocking En Plein Air! I like what I've heard so far!

The Truth | 4/5 |