Yes - The Ladder  CD (album) cover

3 stars I was very happy the first time listening to "Homeworld (The Ladder)" (9:33). Not that it's a nice music but with this creation, I think YES has demonstrated that they still can create wonderful composition as what they did in the seventies. Yes, this track has the same quality as "Roundabout", "Southside of The Sky", "And You and I" or "Perpetual Change". It's wonderfully crafted combining catchy melody (vocal line), excellent harmonies and tight composition structured with various styles from melancholic to hard driving rhythm and mellow at the end of the track. This track by itself is a true masterpiece - it's like a classic Yes song recorded with new composition and new recording technology. Awesome. The other excellent tracks are "The Messengers" and "New Language". Unfortunately, other tracks are just good ones, nothing excellent. So I conclude this album with 3.5 stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Gatot | 3/5 |