Thieves' Kitchen - The Water Road CD (album) cover

Thieves' Kitchen

4 stars Mellotron for a listening room.

Having learned that the keyboard player of Anglagard joined this band, I got this album, and I can say this will be one of my favorite prog album collections. As expected, the rich mellotron sound fits very well to the complicated ryhthm works and gentle guitars, which is similar to that of Hostsonaten. This music simply sounds very comfortable in my listening room when it fills with a wall of mellotron notes. Yes, I am typical old school prog fan, and for me this is no doubt one of the perfect progressive rock. If they had been more melodic, it would have been five-star.

Katsuhisa | 4/5 |