Inquire - Melancholia CD (album) cover

5 stars Before buying this CD I checked this site and found 1 rating of 1 star, so I decided to temporise with getting it. However friend of mine persuaded me to ignore ratings without reviews and let me listen to Melancholia. After second listen I was totally in love with this masterpiece of progressive rock, and jumped at my first opportunity to add it to my collection. This is what I call true masterpiece!! Amazing album. It contains two CDs. First is Melancholia itself based on Jean-Paul Sartre's (famous French philosopher-existentialist) novel "Nausea".This is 76 minutes of sheer brilliance, real irruption of musical ideas, beautifully arranged and masterfully performed. Second CD is 18 minutes long prog-suite based on organ symphony by French composer of beginning of 20th century Louis Vierne (unfortunately unknown to me). To me it sounds like wonderful, complex and beautiful prog suite heavily influenced by classical works, however Inquire themselves named it "the beginning of a new movement, what we call rock and roll".

Absolutely indispensible! Undoubtful masterpiece of prog!

eugene | 5/5 |