Mike Oldfield - Q.E.2  CD (album) cover

Q.E.2

Mike Oldfield

The Crow
4 stars A very underrated work in my opinion!

After the transtion experiment of Platinum, Mike Oldfield offered us a marvellous instrumental work made of short songs. No weak tracks here, maybe the repetitive Mirage. The rest are all great songs. The two covers, Abba's Arrival and The Shadows's Wonderful Land are really great, very better than the originals!!!

We can hear here a great Phil Collins's collaboration in the first part of the Taurus trilogy (Taurus 1) and the wonderful song Sheba. And in this album we can also hear the fist collaboration of Maggie Reilly with Mike Oldfield making choirs in some songs (like the beautiful voices in Celt...).

And there's a track that I absolutely love: QE2. Simply amazing!!!!

Marvellous album. If you give it an opportunity, you will not regret!

The Crow | 4/5 |