Spock's Beard - Snow CD (album) cover

SNOW

Spock's Beard

Biff Tannen
5 stars This is a terrific concept album. Disc 1 is awesomeness from start to finish, Disc 2 is very strong most of the way, finally ending with the double whammy of I Will Go and Made Alive Again/Wind at My Back Reprise, which was a spectacular way to end the record. Disc 2 does meander a bit too much following I'm Dying for about 10 minutes, but the rest of the album is more than great enough for me to forgive them for that. The stretch of Love Beyond Words through Wind at My Back on Disc 2 might be the greatest 37 consecutive minutes on any Spock's Beard record.

Overall, I would probably give this 4 1/2 stars out of 5, but since we don't give halves here, I am bumping it up to a 5 because I consider Spock's Beard one of the best modern symphonic prog rock bands, and since this is their best overall work, this is what I would consider the most essential record by one of the best modern prog rock bands.

Biff Tannen | 5/5 |