Robert Beriau - Selfishness: Source of War & Violence CD (album) cover

SELFISHNESS: SOURCE OF WAR & VIOLENCE

Robert Beriau

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars I got this album many, many fullmoons ago as a prize in PA's lottery. I should have reviewed it loooong time ago too, but I forgot. Shame on me.

The reason may be that this is not exactly easy listening, this album. It is nominally a symphonic prog album. But it has a lot more to it than symphonic prog. The thing that strikes me first is the crossover between jazz and metal on this album. That hybrid is then crossbred with symphonic prog aka Anthony Phillips again. Then you have the Peter Hamill like vocals and other references to Van Der Graaf Generator. Easy listening, it is not.

The music is good throughout without really capturing my attention. This album has a lot of nice passages, but not enough to really elevates it to a great album. But it still has a lot to offer so please check it out if anything of what I listed in the paragraph above is your cup, make that a mug, of tea. Thanx again to Robert Beriau for sharing his music with us.

3 stars