Pär Lindh Project - Time Mirror CD (album) cover

TIME MIRROR

Pär Lindh Project

robbob
2 stars I haven,t been a very enthusiastic PLP follower.

But in their albums i could find some good compositions and very good interpretations.

But what is this?

Every song starts very well ...it seems a good song is coming...a good composition is coming ..but....too much jam prog session then...improvisations and less melodies.

So well...I can,t find this album very original...and I think their songs will not remain in my heart.

May be for a tribute to ELP with melodies in that way could be fine .but.....

Almost all of the songs seem to be an ELP (1970-1975 era) song...

I feel this is a strong effort to sound as that old prog symphonic songs..but where is the quality of the compositions to sound as ELP?

There is no doubt that PLP is a very solid band with very good musicians ,specially PL..and in this album his interpretations are remarkable.....but I really can,t find something very good in this work(songs I mean)

2 stars