Kate Bush - The Red Shoes CD (album) cover

Kate Bush

2 stars THE RED SHOES, from 1993, is by far the lowest rated album by Kate Bush on this website. And for good reason. Instead of the using charming mix of fun funky numbers, screaming numbers, and quiet numbers, that make Kate so great, we have a bland mishmash of what seems like Kate copies. Going through the motions? Jeff Beck, Prince, and Eric Clapton can't even save this record. Most everything on here is now dated and boring. Only "Song of Soloman" holds any interest for me. I have all of Kate's work and this is the one I rarely put on the player. THE SENSUAL WORLD and THE DREAMING get much more airtime around my place! 2 stars. It is not horrible, but it ain't that good either.
mohaveman | 2/5 |