Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans CD (album) cover

3.88 | 1946 ratings

3 stars Too much of a good thing? Maybe. After the success of the wonderful preceding albums, Yes goes wild with a 4 song double album. Side 1: "The Revealing Science of God" and Side 4 : "Ritual" are the only ones I ever got into. The other 2 sides seemed very basic and unformed to me. If the best parts of all 4 sides could have been combined into 1 album, this would have been a winner! (I'm sure I am not the first person to state this idea on this website). ABout the best thing on TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS is that I like the title and the cover art. Best Roger Dean ever along with Relayer. I will skip commenting on whether this album is "self indulgent" or not. I'll just give it an average 3 rating and move on...
mohaveman | 3/5 |