Utopia - POV CD (album) cover

2 stars Another 80's album from Todd Rundgren and Utopia that repeats the same pattern as the last few albums; short songs with pop sensibilities with little to no prog to be found anywhere. A few minor hits like "Play This Game" and "Zen Machine" are on POV. Both of these can also be found on the live album "Redux" in what I consider a better effort than on this studio release. While this is not really a bad album if judged on it's pop rock merit, as a prog album it is a no-go. I suppose there is enough good music here to rate a couple of stars, about what I have given Utopia for all there other albums of this time period. 2 stars.
mohaveman | 2/5 |